Learning Hive is looking for a KS2 Maths and English tutor to join us in Enfield, London.
We are seeking a professional who is confident, academically astute and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young learners and future generations.
You will form part of a ‘close-knit’ team dedicated to bringing children’s learning to life and accelerate the progress and attainment of children by ensuring all learning plans are personalised and tailored to meet individual learning needs.
As a tutor, you will be assigned a group of 6 children to work with on a weekly basis. You may work with this group up to twice a week and may be allocated multiple groups across schools in Enfield, working with a different group of 6 each day.
All sessions are now taking place online via Zoom, however, as soon as children can return to school, our tutors will revert back to visiting schools in person to hold sessions. For that reason, we are looking for a tutor who is either local to the Enfield area or able to commute for sessions and arrive in a prompt and timely manner.
The role of the Tutor is one that will ensure that the quality of Learning Hive is ‘the best it can be’ and one that, whilst teaching, encourages learning support and growth by giving children positive praise as and when required. At times you will be guiding children to work out tricky tasks and scaffolding their understanding until they achieve success. Where as at other times you will be further challenging children to apply their knowledge, skills and understanding in a multitude of ways, so as to assess ‘mastery’ in the subject being taught.
Everyone remembers a person who has inspired them, a teacher, a friend, a family member, someone who changed how they saw things, solved a problem, or recognised their potential. As a Tutor, you will be leading by example and inspiring children to become passionate lifelong learners.
You will be working with a group of 6 children that will vary in ability, age and ethnic/family backgrounds. Within your role as a tutor, you will be using your professional judgement to support and challenge learning, so children achieve their full potential.
- You should be a hard-working and enthusiastic teaching professional with excellent subject knowledge and a sound understanding of your specialist subject up to GCSE level.
- A graduate/someone graduating from a Russell Group University in your specialist subject
- You must have some experience working with children and you will definitely have the desire to meaningfully and positively impact a child’s education and be an aspirational role model for our members
- A confident, high-achieving, standard-setting, self-motivating professional
- You will be an exemplary figure with a positive and inspiring personality for tutors and a role model for students
- You will be responsible for the development of soft skills within students, so they are able to reflect and become self-aware of their own personal potential and excel accordingly
- You should be able to think critically, be solution focused, proactive and resourceful and when faced with inevitable challenges, be able to improvise and effectively manage the situation