Learning Hive provides tailored and comprehensive academic support to students through after school tuition within schools in London. We encourage our students to develop their social skills, to strive towards meaningful goals and support them as they solve the problems they encounter, so that they gain an insightful experience of problem solving.
We pride ourselves on bringing high-quality Maths & English tuition to communities across the UK. We are a growing company and are looking for a determined and well-experienced individual to join our team.
After School Club Supervisor / Head Tutor
- To be responsible for the development and daily supervision of the Learning Hive programme, providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for students.
- To work in partnership with Learning Hive and partner schools to promote the wellbeing of children.
- To implement policies, procedures and practices in line with Learning Hive's ethos.
- The safe and stimulating environment of the programme depends on the management skills of the After School Club Supervisor. The After School Club Supervisor has the responsibility of ensuring that the sessions run smoothly and that all tutors are managed in an organised and consistent way.
- Undertake the supervision of the After School workshops, developing and maintaining high standards throughout to ensure the welfare and engagement of the children at all times.
- Ensure children have access to appropriate activities to support their development
- To supervise the safe escorting of children to ensure their wellbeing at all times, for example toilet breaks and home dismissal.
- Play a key role in providing a stimulating environment for the children
- Monitor and evaluate pupil's attendance, behaviour and progress in order to maintain the efficient running of the programme.
- Monitor and evaluate tutor's attendance and quality in order to maintain the efficient running of the programme.
- To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies arising and to report back to the Learning Hive office
- To promote and reinforce both the school and Learning Hive's policies, practices and procedures
- Speak with parents and answer any questions they have regarding their child's progress and development
- A fun, engaging and confident personality is essential for this position
- The ideal candidate must have the capacity to anticipate potential difficulties and establish an appropriate course of action. An awareness of child protection issues and procedures is essential.
- They must be able to act as an adult role model at all times and will require the ability to make sound and consistent decisions which will gain the respect of pupils and produce a controlled and engaging environment.
- A good standard of general education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Mathematics and English) at Grade C or above or other equivalents.
- Previous experience of working with children in an educational setting.
- Some vocational training/qualification in the care or education of children or entertainment / performance is desirable.
- Good interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
- Behaviour management skills and an understanding of health and safety and child protection policies and responsibilities. (training will also be provided).
Part-time hours: 4 hours per week with potential for additional cover shifts and admin work where needed.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 6 per week
Salary: £15.00-£18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Have you graduated from or currently studying at a Russell Group University?
- Do you live in, or local to the Ilford area?
- Bachelor's (required)
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
- DBS on the update service (preferred)
After School Club Supervisor, Barking & Dagenham job details loaded
Back to search results