Learning Hive is partnering with Essex County Council to provide high quality tuition of the core subjects to young people in your area. We are looking for SEND experienced tutors who can delivered face-to-face in a community.
Our students are typically not in a school setting for various reasons. We require experienced tutors who can deliver to students who may be vulnerable, disengaged, at-risk or have a variation of learning needs.
If you have a passion for working with students with SEND and want to be part of an environment where you can make a positive impact, then this job is for you.
Learning Hive offers competitive rates and rewards committed staff.
At Learning Hive safeguarding is of utmost importance as we align our values with the keeping children safe in education policy and require all of our tutors to go through extensive safeguarding training.
Learning Hive is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We are looking for someone who is:
- QTS or equivalent; Or;
- Experienced in tutoring children with SEND;
- Hard working and enthusiastic with excellent subject knowledge of KS3/4 English
- Confident, high achieving and self-motivated;
- An exemplary role model with a positive and inspiring personality;
- Has a DBS registered with the update service, or willing to do so.
As a Learning Hive tutor, you will be:
- Working with groups of 1-1 and face- face
- Engaging and supporting each student to achieve their full potential.
- Inspiring students to give them a positive learning experience and instill confidence and self-belief.
- Managing student's behaviour and ensuring a smoothly run session.
- Monitoring & reporting on your student's development and progress.
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
Friday; 9:30am - 12:30pm
Shifts will likely be 3 hours, up to 15 times a week.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £18.00-£22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (preferred)
- SEND: 1 year (preferred)
- UK Teaching: 1 year (preferred)
- DBS/Update (preferred)
Work Location: In person