Learning Hive are looking for SPORTS Activity Leaders for our exciting Easter Camp Programme!
We are seeking someone to deliver safe, fun, and creative sport, play and physical activity sessions to children in a positive, enthusiastic manner. They need to understand a wide range of sports and be able to promote and organise them for a class of approx 20 students. This is an opportunity for children to try new things - so the more outside of the box, the better!
This position is for someone entertaining, loves working with children and has a fun skill to share! Candidates should be someone looking to enjoy rewarding, challenging and fun work.
If your application is successful, you will be required to come up with 3 lesson plans / activity ideas prior to interviewing. We will ask you to discuss these with us during the interview and these will be used to decide on final hiring decisions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing a session, being the sole provider for the sessions, delivering a fun and exciting class where children learn new things
- Encouraging children to engage in the activities and have fun
- Continuously promote the safety & welfare of the children in your care
- A great team player who brings enthusiasm to our programme.
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the role, acting as an ambassador for Learning Hive and acting as a positive role model for children.
- Attending key training dates prior to camp undertaking.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety & safeguarding policies
- Loves working with children!
- Prior experience working with children aged between 5-11 years old.
- Reliable and punctual.
- An enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
- A flexible team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on-site.
Sport Activity Leads will be needed 3rd April-5th April. Shifts will be 9am-12:30pm.
At Learning Hive, safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary contract
Contract length: 1 week
Part-time hours: 9 per week
Salary: £15.00 per hour
Schedule: Day shift
Application question(s): We will be running camps in the following postcodes. Please state below which locations you are able to work at:
Enfield - EN3 7NA
Barking&Dagenham - RM10 8UR
Havering - RM12 5UA
Tower Hamlets - E3 4QE
Richmond - TW9 4LH
- Do you have a DBS registered with the update service?
- Please submit 3 example activity ideas that you could deliver at the camps:
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Expected start date: 03/04/2023